Numerous spam texts... does this eat my text messages?

Thank you for visiting the TracFone Forum, your one-stop resource for TracFone information.

Numerous spam texts... does this eat my text messages?

Postby OverRunMama » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:09 pm

My husband's phone is getting alot of spam phone calls and texts.. are these eating all his minutes and texts ?? Is there a way to block these .. and if not.. how can I get another phone number ?

Thank you
OverRunMama

Re: Numerous spam texts... does this eat my text messages?

Postby TracFone - Maria » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:09 pm

Hi OverRunMama. This is TracFone Maria. We're sorry to hear about that. Yes, the minutes were deducted. You have an option to block these spam messages on your phone. On an Android phone, you can disable all potential spam messages from the Messages app. Tap the three-dot icon in the upper right of the app and select Settings > Spam protection and turn on the Enable spam protection switch. Your phone will now alert you if an incoming message is suspected of being spam. You can also download the Call Detector App which enables customers to block and/or file complaints for designated numbers (calls/texts), as well as identify telemarketing, debt collector, or scam calls. To download the app, you can visit the Google Play Store and type “Call Detector” on the search field. To stop receiving unwanted phone calls, you can also text the word DNC to 611611. You will receive an SMS with a link to the National Do Not Call Registry and another SMS with further instructions. I've sent you a private message. Pleasew check your Forum inbox. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can also text the keyword SPAM to 611611.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Welcome