Need help with unlocking

Thank you for visiting the TracFone Forum, your one-stop resource for TracFone information.

Need help with unlocking

Postby chance45 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:02 pm

Hello,

I tried to unlock the phone in a "normal" way - by calling an operator at first. Every time I called, I was kept on the line for an hour or sometimes even more, was bounced many times between the "departments", and different operators told me different things - someone told it was impossible, someone told it was possible but "not right now". I called many times and every time it was like this.

During one call, we came up to have me buy a new number (the previous one expired). I did buy it but after (not before!) that I've been told I should be using it for 12 months and only then it will be eligible for unlocking. I'm thinking of one operator who told me it's possible to unlock it without using it for 12 months but I was never able to get to talk with that person again.

I don't need to use that newly bought number for 12 months. This phone is my friend's memory about her loss (a beloved child) and we are looking for a way to have it unlocked faster than that.

I can provide all the details like IMEI number, phone number, model, etc. in the response to a Tracfone person who would be responding to help us with this issue.

Thank you a lot!
chance45

Re: Need help with unlocking

Postby TracFone - Maria » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:38 pm

Hi chance45. This is TracFone - Maria. It is that we received with great concern your feedback about the poor service you experience. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience we have caused you.

We can request for the device to be unlocked as long as you meet the set requirements.
— Customers must have had their locked device activated on TracFone service for no fewer than 12 months, redeemed air time cards in no fewer than 12 months, and not have had their phone number recycled or ported.
— Customers must request this interim unlocking solution while their service is active or within 60 days after their active service days expire. This 60-day grace period applies even if the customer's phone number was recycled or ported.
— Customers must possess a handset that is not reported stolen, lost, or associated with fraudulent activity.
— If a customer requesting handset unlocking is deployed military personnel, upon provision of deployment papers, TracFone will honor that customer's unlocking request by sending a refund for the trade-in value of the used, locked phone returned by the customer without regard for the 12 months of service activation and air card redemption eligibility requirements. However, all other eligibility criteria apply to TracFone's customers who are deployed military personnel.
— Customers are eligible for this program only once every 12 months.

We have a new update with our unlocking procedure. We now offer customers the option to unlock their device for a fee if they have not met the 12 months of service requirement. For Android devices, the fee will be $150 minus $12 for every paid active month per device (cards on reserve are not calculated as paid active). For iPhones, the fee is $300 minus $25 for every paid active month per device (cards on reserve are not calculated as paid active). This amount will be automatically calculated by the system. Also, devices that are in status “NEW” and have never been activated do not qualify to be unlocked. To find out if your device is eligible to be unlocked, you can click on this link https://www.tfwunlockpolicy.com/wps/portal/home/. Enter your phone number or serial number. You can also call our Unlocking Department at 1-888-442-5102 or text the word UNLOCK to 611611.

Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Welcome