Problem porting phone number from old to new Tracfone

Thank you for visiting the TracFone Forum, your one-stop resource for TracFone information.

Problem porting phone number from old to new Tracfone

Postby Vashnyra » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:05 pm

Hi, I'm new to the Forums. So, I have an issue where I have a Tracfone I've used for years, but recently bought a new Tracfone. I must have messed up the step for porting the old phone number to the new phone because my new phone now has a completely different phone number. The old phone with the old number still works, and I can call out and answer calls at that number, but I really need to get the old phone number assigned to the new phone somehow. Also, under "Active Devices" on my account, my old phone shows a message that says, "This device currently has a pending transaction. To complete the transaction, please turn your device OFF and back ON. Then, wait a few minutes." I've powered it off, waited about 10 minutes, then powered it back on about 5 times now, but I can't get rid of that message. I'd appreciate any help you can give me to resolve this problem.
Vashnyra

Re: Problem porting phone number from old to new Tracfone

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:13 pm

Hi Vashnyra. I'm TracFone - Maria. Yes, we will be happy to help you transfer your old phone number to your new phone. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Welcome