Tracfone lost my phone number

Thank you for visiting the TracFone Forum, your one-stop resource for TracFone information.

Tracfone lost my phone number

Postby d_the_nj_guy » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:50 am

On Sunday, I was setting up a second Tracfone phone for a family member when the phone number on my first Tracfone changed! The person transferring the second number must have screwed something up. This is the number I transferred from Verizon a couple of months ago and the number I have had for the last 20 years!

I called the Tracfone support number, but they said "the number is out of our system and we cannot get it back."

Has anyone come across this? What should I do?

I am so angry. I had to wait three days to calm down so that I could post something coherent on this forum. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
d_the_nj_guy

Re: Tracfone lost my phone number

Postby Jude » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:03 pm

Hi d_the_nj_guy. My name is TracFone Jude. We understand where you're coming from and apologize for what happened to your phone number. We'd like to take a closer look into your account and ensure there is a resolution for you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby d_the_nj_guy » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:58 pm

Hi Tracfone Jude,

I called that number -- again -- but of course they keep on telling me the same thing: "that number is not in our system, we cannot get it back." How do I escalate? Is there another number to call? The folks answering this number seem clueless.
d_the_nj_guy

Postby TracFone - Maria » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:40 pm

Hi d_the_nj_guy. I'm TracFone - Maria. To further assist escalate this issue, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Welcome