Manage Profile > Edits Not Working -- Invalid Password Bug

Thank you for visiting the TracFone Forum, your one-stop resource for TracFone information.

Manage Profile > Edits Not Working -- Invalid Password Bug

Postby ih0pwgbnpo9iewys » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:42 am

I log in to TracFone and go to edit my address: https://www.tracfone.com/myaccount/myprofile
When I type my new address, a pop up asks for me to confirm my password before making changes. Then, I get an "Invalid Password" response (which obviously makes no sense because I had to successfully log in to get here in the first place).

I've tried deleting the last characters (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6) of my password and submitting a trimmed password, but it still did not work.

I've also tried logging out and saying that I forgot my password and changing it to a new password, but I get the same error.

Please advise.
ih0pwgbnpo9iewys

Re: Manage Profile > Edits Not Working -- Invalid Password B

Postby Jude » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:15 am

Hi ih0pwgbnpo9iewys. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby ih0pwgbnpo9iewys » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:14 pm

I figured it out.

When I set my Tracfone password, it was longer than whatever limit is internally used (e.g., if I set up my password to be 12345, but Tracfone was only saving the first four digits, then my actual password was 1234). This was not a problem when logging into the Tracfone homepage, because the website appears to just ignore extra characters. However, the profile update page appears to use a different logic, so it checks the password more precisely and was giving me the error.

I had a very long password (~32 characters). I do not know what internal limits are used on Tracfone's accounts, but when I reset my password to something much shorter, I was able to successfully change my profile information.

I highly recommend that Tracfone change their system to allow for very long passwords. At the very least, they should show the password character length limit when you first create your password.
ih0pwgbnpo9iewys

Postby TracFone - Maria » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:19 pm

Hi ih0pwgbnpo9iewys. This is TracFone - Maria. We understand your concern. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. For further assistance, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Welcome