iOS Carrier Settings Update Available?

Thank you for visiting the TracFone Forum, your one-stop resource for TracFone information.

iOS Carrier Settings Update Available?

Postby TraquefoneUser » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:31 pm

Hello Tracfone staff!

I'm getting an iOS message window saying there is a carrier settings update available. I have the option to update at that time or not yet.

Can you verify a Carrier Update is actually available, and that this is not malware? Are there any update notes or a version number change anywhere to validate accepting this update?

Please let me know if you need any info.

Thanks!

3-6-20 edit: Adding additional message detail ("settings").
Last edited by TraquefoneUser on Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TraquefoneUser

Re: iOS Carrier Update Available?

Postby TracFone - Maria » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:52 pm

Hi TraquefoneUser. I'm TracFone Maria. For us to address your concern, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Re: iOS Carrier Settings Update Available?

Postby Techwrite » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:40 am

I updated, and I think it used up all of my data to do it. But I’m not sure. My phone was having issues, kept saying “No Service” and that I needed to update something. Phone finally died (battery drained completely), and after I plugged it in, it came back up, connected to the tower, let me make/receive calls again, but over 3GB if data was gone...overnight.
Techwrite

Re: iOS Carrier Settings Update Available?

Postby Jude » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:34 am

Hi Techwrite. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Return to Welcome