Bring your own phone program

Thank you for visiting the TracFone Forum, your one-stop resource for TracFone information.

Bring your own phone program

Postby J_C » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:58 am

Looking to purchase a Simple Mobile Apple iPhone SE to use with your BYOP program. I've checked if this was possible and got the following message:
In order to connect to the TracFone 4G LTE network, your device must operate on Band II, IV or in certain areas, Band 12. For 3G or other 4G service, your device must operate on Band II (1900 MHz) or IV (1700/2100 MHz). GSM devices that do not support these bands may operate at 2G (EDGE) speeds.
I've checked the specs and they meet the requirements. Can I purchase this phone and bring it your program?
J_C

Re: Bring your own phone program

Postby TracFone - Amber » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:10 pm

Hi J_C. My name is TracFone Amber. A Simple Mobile branded phone will not work on our Bring Your Own Phone program. If you have any further questions or concerns, you can check your forum inbox for a message.
TracFone - Amber

Samsung galaxy S7 edge

Postby GISMapper » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:38 pm

I was given a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge phone. It was bought to connect to the consumer cellular network but never used. I tried running through the Tracfone website about picking which sim to use but I was totally lost. I currently have an LG L22C phone. I would like to transfer my minutes to the Samsung but am very confused on if it is possible, which SIM I used and which carriers I can use. My zip code is 80440.

Help will be greatly appreciated
GISMapper

Re: Bring your own phone program

Postby TracFone - Felice » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:48 pm

Hi GISMapper. My name is TracFone Felice. We are sorry about your issue. Please check your Forum inbox for assistance.
TracFone - Felice

Return to Welcome