I would like to keep my number

Thank you for visiting the TracFone Forum, your one-stop resource for TracFone information.

I would like to keep my number

Postby Macnaut » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:26 am

Hi, can somebody help me with a solution!

I am going overseas (Europe) for 1 year or more and I have a prepaid Tracfone Sim Card.

I have been told that if I don't use it I will lose my number even if I have paid airtime for one year? is that true?
I don't want to lose my number, I need it for my business.

Is there a way to keep it active, I mean calling with your phone number
via a computer or sending SMS messages to US mobile numbers?

Please help me,
Thank you :D
Macnaut

Re: I would like to keep my number

Postby TracFone - Amber » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:00 am

Hi Macnaut. My name is TracFone Amber. As long as you have service days on the phone, your account will be active with the same phone number. To keep the phone active, you have to add an airtime card on or before the service due date. If you have any further questions or concerns, I have sent you a private message, you check your Forum inbox. Thanks!
TracFone - Amber

Postby LindaCHU » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:27 am

Be aware of this, from the TracFone terms and conditions:
Notwithstanding your Service End Date, TracFone reserves the right to discontinue service and deactivate any phone for which there is no voice, text or data usage for a period of six (6) consecutive months for Smartphones and twelve (12) consecutive months for other phones.
LindaCHU

Postby Macnaut » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:15 pm

I have an iPhone 6S, so you think Tracfone will discontinue it after 6 months if there is not an activity? I will stay out for at least a year, so there is not much point to keep the same carrier?
There is not another possibility, like linking my number to a computer app or software to send messages from Europe to local US numbers?
There must be something, I can't believe that in 2017 there is not a little possibility?
Look, I love Tracfone is very convenient and the signal is strong, you pay what you use normally, but if I don't find a solution it will be the second number I lose and I can't lose this one, I have my business and media links connected to this number so I need it for verification codes etc.
SO please help me!
Macnaut

Postby alita » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:57 pm

Hi Macnaut. My name is TracFone Alita. Please check your Forum inbox for a private message. Thank you.
alita

Return to Welcome