Tracfone prepaid Android usuable on Safelink Wireless?

Thank you for visiting the TracFone Forum, your one-stop resource for TracFone information.

Tracfone prepaid Android usuable on Safelink Wireless?

Postby neilemon » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:13 am

Hi:

I know Safelink Wireless is compatible with most unlocked GSM phones, so this is certainly an option.

I wanted to ask if a Tracfone Android that usually uses a prepaid plan can be used with safelink. I didn't know if the included SIM could be used, and I'm unclear as to the unlocking policy if Safelink Wireless were to send me their SIM.

There's a better selection of Tracfone phones, and unlocked devices are usually pricey

neilemon

Re: Tracfone prepaid Android usuable on Safelink Wireless?

Postby Shelly » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:28 am

Hi neilemon. My name is TracFone Shelly and I will be addressing your questions today. SafeLink is compatible with most unlocked GSM phones and compatible CDMA phones too. There are also a variety of TracFone Android phones that can be used with SafeLink Wireless. These phones need not to be unlocked to be able to work with SafeLink. TracFone GSM Android devices come with a compatible SIM card; therefore, there is no need for you to buy a different SIM card for the phone. We can transfer your SafeLink Plan and phone number to a compatible TracFone Android device as long as it is active. Should you have anymore questions, please let us know.
TracFone - Shelly
Shelly

Postby neilemon » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:08 am

Hello Tracfone Shelly:

Just to make sure I understand- A new Tracfone cannot be activated directly by Safelink Wireless, however if I activate the Tracfone, my Safelink Wireless plan can be transferred?

Thanks in advance!
neilemon

Postby Shelly » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:24 pm

Hi neilemon. The phone can be activated directly as a SafeLink Wireless if applicable. However, if you have an active SafeLink account and wish to upgrade your phone, then you can buy a TracFone Android from any of our authorized dealers. Once you have the phone, do not activate it yet. Instead, please contact us for us to transfer your SafeLink Wireless Plan to the new phone.
TracFone - Shelly
Shelly

Postby neilemon » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:15 pm

Shelly:

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Buying a new Tracfone is a great option since there are so many devices to choose from. :mrgreen:
neilemon

Postby neilemon » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:03 pm

One last question- my current Safelink Wireless phone is a 3G GSM flip phone, (ATT in NY state)

Must my new Tracfone android be a GSM model to transfer service? There's so many devices available and I wanted to know if CDMA are also compatible.

Many Thanks :D
neilemon

Postby alita » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:13 pm

Hi neilemon. My name is TracFone Alita. It should be compatible as long as it is supported with the network in the area where you will use the phone. Please check your Forum inbox for a private message. Thank you.
alita

Return to Welcome