Invalid sim card message

Thank you for visiting the TracFone Forum, your one-stop resource for TracFone information.

Invalid sim card message

Postby byronSon » Sat May 11, 2019 9:37 pm

After a minute or 2 "SIM CARD REMOVED > PLEASE RESTART" shows up and I have no option but to restart . I have reseated the card with no luck . Updates are up to date as of 5/20/2018. Any suggestions ?
byronSon

Re: Invalid sim card message

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sun May 12, 2019 8:13 am

Hi byronSon. I'm TracFone Larry. I read your post and I'm sorry that you are having some problems. We will check if the phone is properly provisioned in the system. Kindly check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby Sandy1666 » Thu May 16, 2019 12:23 pm

I purchased my daughter a tracfone a few years ago which worked fine.
She got a new phone and let the minutes on the old one expire.
I bought a new card to add minutes. I had trouble online with the "invalid sim card message"
I called support and they took the pin number to my new card and said ok it's activated.
I asked how was that as I hadn't even given them the SIM number yet. Then then rattled off
a phone number that I had never heard of and said they applied it to that. lol
I once again explained to them that I needed that added to the phone in which I was getting the SIM card
message. I gave them the SIM / MEI number only for them to tell me that it wasn't in their system, that it must not be a Tracfone. I explained that I knew it was a Tracfone because I had originally bought it new out of the Tracfone package. They said I had to get a new SIM card. I asked about my minutes that were just added on a strange number and they said I could call back once I had the new SIM card and have it transferred. Are they really going to remember they need to do that?
Next problem I'm looking around trying to buy a SIM card and it looks like they are only .99 cent however the choices are for transferring from other phones like Verizon, and whatever. My phone is a tracfone so which one do I buy?
I'm just trying to get this phone working and I want the minutes from the tracfone card I just bought on it.
Sandy1666

Postby TracFone - Larry » Fri May 17, 2019 11:28 am

Hi Sandy1666. My name is TracFone Larry. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing some problems. Let us help you troubleshoot your phone. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Invalid sim card message

Postby Daisylal » Sat May 18, 2019 1:12 pm

We are receiving the following error on one of our machines:
Invalid Value – the name “USER_NAME” cannot be found on the network...
This is the correct system name, so I’m not sure what is creating the problem. Any ideas?
Daisylal

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sat May 18, 2019 2:35 pm

Hi Daisylal. I'm TracFone Larry. We are sorry that you are having some problems. We would like to discuss the details of the issue, so that we can address it immediately. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby angel34771 » Thu May 30, 2019 10:43 am

I have a message "loading sim contacts" and when i look at my status it rwads disconnected under the network statis option, i cant call text nothing, had it fixed last night by customer servicw bit qu it working after i hung up. Please he me?????
angel34771

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu May 30, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi angel34771. This is Maria from TracFone Wireless. We understand how you feel. We're sorry for the trouble this have caused you. Yes, we will help you with it. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby rebujiomm1 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:15 pm

Please help as online chat and phone customer service has not resolved issue. They never responded despite having waited over a week for a reply. I bought this phone over a month ago worked for a few days then starting having problems, Model A502DL. I brought into the store where I purchased and Phone Tech not able to resolve with customer service verbally as per their instructions as well removing SIM, turning on and off, etc. The back of the phone cannot be removed. I have ample minutes and data. Sim status and cellular network state says disconnected; I have 3 bars with an X over it. I can text out but recipient cannot text back. My phone is not ringing and will go to voice mail after 2 rings. I cannot dial out, will only work dialing from saved Contacts?? After turning on and off it may or may not work i.e. can check voice mail only, still no texting or dialing a number. The phone is a mess and I initially spent so much on airtime and data still in the phone, worth more than the phone itself. This is an emergency back up phone for me and this is an emergency cause it's not working :-( Hoping for a favorable reply and solution.
rebujiomm1

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:24 am

Hi rebujiomm1. I'm TracFone Larry. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with our service. We would like to discuss the details of the issue, so that we can address it immediately. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome