Invalid sim card message

Thank you for visiting the TracFone Forum, your one-stop resource for TracFone information.

Re: Invalid sim card message

Postby AllenMc10 » Sat May 30, 2020 2:20 am

rsks54 wrote:My wife and I have the same Samsung phones that we bought and activated Feb.20-22 of this year. They have worked fine until last night when both phones displayed "Invalid SIM card. Network locked SIM card inserted". I called and talked to Tracfone support last night and they said the only fix is to get a new SIM card. I tried taking the card and battery out numerous times to fix problem to no avail. They said they would send one out a new SIM card for each phone asap.
My question is -- why would both SIM cards fail at the same time and is there another way to reactivate the current cards without waiting multiple days for the new cards to arrive which I am beginning to wonder if that will solve the problem.
It just does not make sense to me both cards failing within minutes of each other.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

I am currently having the same problem how can I get it activated.
AllenMc10

Postby Jude » Sat May 30, 2020 4:15 pm

Hi AllenMc10. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby rachael4733 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:13 am

My Tracfone stopped working on Tuesday. The message was an invalid sims card. My son trying to get my phone to work. I went to Walmart and bought a new phone. I went online to transfer my account but it would not let me. I had just put a new phone card in. I lost 1700 text, 5.60 date, 5481 minutes. Customer service representative Reymark said that he didn't care if I went to a new provider. I didn't do anything to my phone, it just stopped working. Customer service department was horrible.
rachael4733

Postby rachael4733 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:30 am

After I posted on this forum, all of my 1700 prepaid text messages disappeared off of my account.
Attachments
img001.jpg
img001.jpg (195.54 KiB) Viewed 1000 times
rachael4733

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:07 pm

Hi rachael4733. I'm TracFone - Maria. We sincerely apologize on what happened to your SIM card and minutes. Allow us to further check on it so we can have the issue resolved as soon as possible. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby BARRON12 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:09 pm

Hi, I'm Jose, I bought a second-hand Tracfone equipment in Los Angeles, California, and I'm in Mexico, and they told me that this was already unlocked for other telephone companies and I have chatted to Tracfone and they tell me if it is unlocked, but I put another sim and it tells me sim invalid and I can not activate it I need help since I call from Mexico and it says service is not available and I went to apple support and they ask me for a letter from tracfone saying that it is released so that they reflect it in their systems. :cry:
BARRON12

Postby TracFone - Maria » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:52 pm

Hi Jose. I'm TracFone - Maria. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please be informed that our branded phones are not factory unlocked. We can facilitate in unlocking the device if it meets the set of requirements. For further assistance, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby gabear45 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:59 am

i got a sim card for qlink and now i learn the phone is locked need to unlock the sim card
gabear45

Postby Jude » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:00 pm

Hi gabear45. My name is TracFone Jude. We understand where you're coming from and apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Previous

Return to Welcome