Replacement phone

Thank you for visiting the TracFone Forum, your one-stop resource for TracFone information.

Replacement phone

Postby moonwolfette » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:55 am

I have an Alcatel serial #013325000072096 that I received when I initially got your service in 2009. It is almost ready to be laid to rest due to the age and that it is no longer functioning properly. The battery won't stay charged, it turns itself off even when fully charged, is getting very warm to the touch, doesn't ring but once, drops calls even when it's at full bars and more. I'm not sure that this thing was meant to last this long, but thankfully it has. It is the only means of communication that I have and really need to get it replaced as soon as possible. I have read through all the FAQs and there isn't one to answer my question fully. It says that to get replacement that I will either have to BYOP or purchase a replacement. I have almost no income and receive foodstamps and live in what is left of my mother's trailer that barely survived Hurricane Michael. I cannot afford to buy another phone or a SIM card. My sister has a Samsung Galaxy ON5 (T-Mobil) that she said I could use since it's older and she upgrades every year. In lieu of a new phone could I get the appropriate SIM card sent to me so that I can activate it and keep receiving my free minutes? I try to call the customer svc number but haven't been able to speak with a live rep so far. Please advise. Thank you for your time.
moonwolfette

Re: Replacement phone

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:51 am

Hi moonwolfette. I'm TracFone Larry. We are sorry that you are having some problems. Let us help you with your concern. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Replacement phone

Postby ronaldnothe » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:36 pm

shortrackskater,
Can you post a pic of the front side of the light ring where the tabs are bonded ? stub
ronaldnothe

Replacement phone

Postby byronSon » Tue May 14, 2019 7:11 pm

The rebuilding is only good for those that have the bonding tabs loose . The more hours the ring has on it, the weaker it will get. It will look a lot better tonight . Great job . stub
byronSon

Return to Welcome